For those of you celebrating Christmas tomorrow, have a very Merry Christmas!
If you’re a fan of director Michael Apted and his “Up” documentary series, you’ll enjoy his interview in The secret to success for director of Up docs? The power of ordinary people. The folks at Copyblogger are offering a free Internet marketing course. Why not check out Grab Our 20-Part Internet Marketing Course (No Charge) and get a head start on your 2013 marketing?
- The Paper Trail Through History. “Scholars “have always looked through documents,” said Ben Kafka, a historian at N.Y.U. and the author of “The Demon of Writing: Powers and Failures of Paperwork,” recently published by Zone Books. “More and more they are also looking at them.”If paperwork studies have an unofficial standard-bearer and theoretician, it’s Mr. Kafka. In “The Demon of Writing” he lays out a concise if eccentric intellectual history of people’s relationship with the paperwork that governs (and gums up) so many aspects of modern life.”
- 10 Ways to Get Clients in 10 Minutes. “Does it seem like you can never find the time to market for more clients? It’s hard to find open hours in the middle of a busy week. But not every marketing task requires big chunks of time. Here are ten productive things you can do to get more clients when you have just ten minutes.”
- How 6 New Tools Change the Equation for Writing and Self-Publishing Your Book. “…today’s tools marry writing and publishing, bringing artists ever closer to the end product with click-of-a-button e-book creation capabilities built into the writing tools. In 2012 the technology plot thickened, with the development or maturation of six representative tools that change the way we will write, produce and perhaps even change our very concept of a book in 2013.”
- The secret to success for director of Up docs? The power of ordinary people. “Everybody has a story,” Michael Apted says from his home in Los Angeles, “if you had time and the patience.” The 71-year-old director has had more time and patience than most, listening to the stories of 15 people in particular over the past 50 years.”
- Grab Our 20-Part Internet Marketing Course (No Charge). “Want to discover the smartest ways to mix social media, content marketing, and SEO for lead generation and converting those leads to customers and clients? We’ve got you covered with Internet Marketing for Smart People. And there’s absolutely no charge.”
- The Easiest Way to Record Phone Interviews? Have the Subject Use an iPhone to Record Themselves. “A major benefit of reporting with an iPhone is the ability to avoid inferior phone-quality interviews. A few swipes can turn an iPhone into a powerful recording tool, providing a reporter with studio-quality audio quickly, without requiring coordination of a busy reporter and interviewee’s schedules.” [Thanks to Pat McNees of Writers and Editors for alerting me to this item.]
If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email.