You’re talented and motivated. You’ve got business cards, a website, and brochures. But you’ve few clients. So here’s the # 1 secret to getting more clients. Get noticed! That’s right. Clients need to know you exist. Here are 10 ways to get noticed:
- Join a community group. Find a group of people who share your interests. Members will naturally begin to inquire about your work. In time you’ll get client leads.
- Give talks. Develop a 10 to 15 minute presentation not about you but on a topic related to your work. Contact service clubs and offer to make a presentation.
- Run workshops. Put together a workshop on “How to” do something. Make it practical and have useful handouts with your contact information clearly visible.
- Send out media releases. Take advantage of special holidays to send out a media release that ties the holiday in with the service you provide.
- Create a blog. Setting up a blog is simple with free blogging platforms like Blogger, Typepad, and WordPress. Write frequent,useful, fresh, and entertaining articles aimed at your target clients.
- Join local business and professional groups. Every community has opportunities for networking. Go to mixers and meet people.
- Write articles. Nothing helps enhance your credibility and visibility than an article in a magazine, newspaper, or newsletter.
- Host your own radio program. With Blog Talk Radio you can create your own online radio show.
- Publish an online newsletter. Newsletters establish you as an authority and allow you to keep in touch with your audience.
- Join Toastmasters. This is not only a great way to practice and improve your public speaking abilities but also a way to find clients and get referrals.
Photo by iStockphoto
If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email.